Careers NSW

Work support

Financial support

Search the wide range of available financial support services to find the support that meets your needs. For payment and support options not listed here please visit Services Australia.

Resources and support

  • Job seeker payment - Financial help if you’re between 22 and Age Pension age and looking for work, or are sick or injured and can’t do your usual work or study for a short time.

  • Austudy - Financial help if you’re 25 or older and studying or an Australian Apprentice.

  • Mobility allowance - A payment to help with travel costs for work, study or looking for work if you have a disability, illness or injury that means you can’t use public transport.

  • Parenting payment - An income support payment if you are a young child’s main carer or a job seeker who is the main carer of young children.

  • Carer payment - An income support payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail aged

  • Moving for work or study - Find information on possible financial assistance if you decide to move to increase your chance of finding work or to start studying.

Prefer to speak to someone?

Select your preferred consultant below and check your eligibility.

Talk to a careers practitioner

In-person or virtual (video or phone call)

Chat with an industry expert

Video call

Speak to a skills hub specialist

Phone call

Was this page helpful?
With your help we can improve this page for others
Thank you for your feedback
To provide further comment, make an enquiry, or to receive a response, contact Careers NSW.

Careers NSW acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.